Friday, November 25, 2016

Thankful for the Barbell

Well folks it's thanksgiving time again and that means time for reflection. Instead of the family and health rout although I am very thankful for them, I'm going with: I'm thankful for the barbell. 

It has forged me into the man I am today. Not sure if that's good or bad but I think I'm pretty cool so I'll take it. It has taught me both success and failure. It has taught me how to throw a tantrum then get back up and try again. It has taught me how to build people in both body and mind. It has been there to take the frustrations of life out on. It's always there ready to do battle. To be battered and to wrestle back. It has taught me that effort, consistency, and patience are the keys to achieving anything you want in this world. It's made me a better role model and father. It gives me purpose and a sense of accomplishment. It provides me with comradeship, friends, and big ass muscles. 

Thank you barbell from the bottom of my heart. I'll be there to whoop your ass on Saturday. That's right. You'd better be scared.

Dan Mason
Strongman competitor in the 242lb and 275lb classes and a pro powerlifter in the RPS 275lb class. He is also an Elite level lifter in the USPA/IPA. He holds instructor level ranks in Taekwondo, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He has been training people for strength and martial arts since 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment