Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Bully

No matter how hard I lift the bully always crashes down with the dampened thud of rubber or the metal clash of iron. You miss and it drops. You make and it still plummets to the floor. The bully always triumphs. Sometimes I feel like am a weak boy lifting in a man's sport. I make progress only to realize how far away the records seem. I make progress only to have the bully beat me down with injury or failure. There is always struggle though. The weak will always be nipping at the strong in the hopes that one day they can usurp the title and become the champion. Even then you will still be beaten by that barbell bully. There is no hope for victory only the hope of progress. The notion that a heavier bully is needed to defeat you. We strive and fail. We strive and succeed only to add weight and fail again. The iron game is a ruthless mistress. It will always beat you down and you will inexplicably come back every time like a battered woman returning to her abuser. I am a member of a sick and twisted community and I wouldn't have it any other way. Come join me, my brothers, and sisters in the dark struggle. It will be cold, it will be hard, and you will never win.
















Talk soon,

Dan is a top 10 ranked amateur
strongman competitor in the 242lb and 275lb classes and a pro powerlifter in the RPS 275lb class. He is also an Elite level lifter in the USPA/IPA. He holds instructor level ranks in Taekwondo, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He has been training people for strength and martial arts since 2004.

You can follow Dan on Instagram @RoninStr
For training and nutrition advice and tips email roninstr@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment